Logo


Welcome to Freeny Country

Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Wii Problem

There comes a time in every man's life when he has to let go of something he really cares about. That is exactly what I have to do very soon. As usually is the case, there is no guarantee that what I am letting go will come back to me. Sure, if what I am letting go of does not come back to me, there will be a replacement, but things just won't be the same.

Now everyone, stop worrying, Britney and I are fine. She's not going anywhere. The object of my affection to which I am referring is my Nintendo Wii. It's sick, and needs medical attention in order to be healthy again. This is a new experience for me, because the Wii is the first Nintendo product that has given me any kind of trouble in my 20 year love affair with the company. Of course, there is the problem that most everyone experienced with the original NES that involves freezing up and blowing out game cartridges, but those problems only surfaced very late in the life of the system. I have only had my Wii since November of 2006.

What worries me the most is that the Nintendo repairmen/women will not be able to fix my system and will need to replace it with a new system. This may not seem like a big deal to some my readers, but the thing is, this is a LAUNCH DAY Wii. It holds a special place in my heart because it is one of the original Wiis to be produced. If it is replaced with another Wii, it will no longer be the MY Wii that I was able to get on launch day. There is a relatively small number of people who can say they have a launch day Wii. Yes, it is the sentimental nerd in me that makes this a big deal, but please try to understand. I'm not sure the NOA rep I talked to on the phone even understood my situation.

So for now, I say good by to my Wii. For the next few days, I will be Wiiless. That is ok, but let's all hope that my original Wii will return to me, better than ever. If I receive a replacement, I will have to deal with it, but I don't even want to consider that posibility right now. I have faith that my Wii will be repaired and returned soon.

Go ahead, make fun of me. Freud would say you just have Wii envy.

Posted by Bradley Reid Freeny II :: 11:52 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------